How to Differentiate the Internal from the External Carotid Artery
How to Differentiate the Internal from the External Carotid Artery Hot Tip is brought to you by Gulfcoast Ultrasound Instructor Rob Daigle, BA, RVT, FSVU, FSDMS, as he demonstrates how to differentiate the Internal from the external carotid artery using ultrasound and the anatomy. Learn how to differentiate the internal from the external carotid artery tip as well as many others in the Introduction to Carotid Duplex/Color Flow Course. The Introduction to Carotid Duplex/Color Flow Imaging hands-on course is the first step in obtaining a strong foundation in order to begin performing and/or interpreting Carotid Ultrasound Examinations. This vascular ultrasound course/program is taught by leading vascular ultrasound experts and includes lectures, interactive case presentations, and extensive hands-on scanning, featuring a 3:1 ratio with live models and knowledgeable hands on instructors.
- Taught by Leading Vascular Ultrasound Experts
- 3:1 Participant/Instructor Ratio for Maximum Hands on Scanning
- 70+ Interactive Case Presentations with an Audience Response System
- Immediately Implement Skills Learned into Clinical Practice
- Increase Diagnostic Skills and Scanning Proficiency
- Doppler & Color Fundamentals
- Carotid Anatomy & Physiology
- Normal Spectral Analysis
- Carotid Scan Protocol
- Disease Progression & Stenosis Assessment
- Carotid Imaging Pitfalls
- Interactive Case Studies
- Evaluation & Measurement of Intima-Media Thickness
- Carotid Abnormalities
- How to Structure a Report
- Increase the participant’s knowledge to better perform and/or interpret Carotid Duplex/Color Flow Imaging ultrasound examinations.
- Apply knowledge of the anatomy/physiology of the cerebrovascular system into the Carotid Duplex examination.
- Cite Doppler/color physics principles and be able to (sonographers) apply these principles to optimize system controls and/or (physicians) utilize this information for identifying technical errors which may result in misdiagnosis.
- Perform routine scan protocols and Doppler calculations in a complete carotid duplex/color examination.
- Differentiate normal/abnormal spectral Doppler/color characteristics.
- List methods for obtaining quantitative information and state the diagnostic relevance of each measurement.
- Characterize plaque morphology and other pathology associated with cerebral vascular disease.
- Perform Intima-Media Thickness measurements and state the clinical significance as a screening method for cardiovascular disease.
- Integrate the information to include and prepare a structured report for a carotid ultrasound examination.
- Apply diagnostic criteria for accurate interpretation of carotid duplex/color flow examinations
24 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™
Approved for 24 MOC point(s)
22.5 ASRT Category A Credit(s)
Registration is quick, affordable and easy for the Introduction to Carotid Duplex/Color Flow Imaging Course.
Click or Call. http://www.gcus.com/courses/about.asp?course=1084/Introduction-to-Carotid-Duplex-Color-Flow-Imaging | 727.363.4500