Pediatric Emergency & Critical Care Ultrasound:
Pediatric Emergency & Critical Care Ultrasound Course (8/21-8/22) is designed to increase the participant’s knowledge and competence to perform and interpret pediatric ultrasound examinations in an Emergency or Critical Care setting. Pediatric Emergency & Critical Care Ultrasound Course is taught by leading pediatric emergency and critical care ultrasound experts and includes lectures, interactive case presentations, and extensive hands-on scanning, featuring a 3:1 ratio with live pediatric models and inanimate phantoms.
- Available as a Live, Online, Webinar and Blended Course (Online + Scan Workshop)
- 3:1 Participant to Instructor Bedside Scanning Ratio (The Best in the Ultrasound Industry)
- Additional Training Videos, and Books are also available to assist in your training
- ACCME Accredited
- Instruction by Leading Pediatric Ultrasound Experts
- 3:1 Participant/Instructor Ratio for Maximum Hands on Scanning
- Follows ACEP and WINFOCUS Ultrasound Guidelines
- Increase Diagnostic Skills & Scanning Proficiency
- Log of 30+ Pediatric Ultrasound Examinations
- Free Pre-Course Webinar on Imaging Fundamentals
Pediatric Emergency & Critical Care Ultrasound Course Credits:
- 16 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™
- Approved for 16 MOC point(s)
- 16 hour(s) of ACEP Category 1 Credit
Pediatric Emergency & Critical Care Ultrasound Course Topics:
- Pediatric Urinary Tract, GI Applications
- Pediatric Abdominal Case Studies
- Head and Neck
- Soft-Tissue & MSK Applications
- Scrotal Ultrasound
- Advanced Thoracic Applications
- Lung Imaging, Trachea
- BLUE/FALLS Protocol
- Ultrasound Guided Procedures
- Vascular Access
- Lumbar Puncture
- Focused Cardiac Assessment of the Pediatric Patient
- Shock & Hypotension: RUSH Protocol
- How to Start an Ultrasound Program
- Deep Vein Thrombosis
Pediatric Emergency & Critical Care Ultrasound Course Objectives:
- Increase the participant’s knowledge to better perform and/or interpret pediatric emergency and critical care ultrasound examinations.
- State the basic fundamentals of ultrasound physics and demonstrate appropriate optimization of system controls.
- Identify normal imaging characteristics of the pediatric urinary tract and recognize commonly seen pathology associated with renal disease and the GI tract in infants and children.
- Demonstrate protocols for evaluation of the trauma patient (FAST).
- Demonstrate ultrasound protocols for evaluation of pneumothorax, pneumonia and endotracheal tube placement.
- List the benefits of Ultrasound-Guided Procedures such as vascular access and lumbar puncture.
- Perform a focused cardiac ultrasound examination on a pediatric patient.
- List the benefits of soft-tissue and MSK ultrasound in the pediatric patient.
- Perform testicular ultrasound and recognize commonly seen abnormalities (optional session).
- Increase confidence to incorporate protocols, techniques & interpretation criteria to improve diagnostic/treatment accuracy.
Pediatric Emergency & Critical Care Ultrasound Course Faculty:
Registration is quick, affordable and easy for the Introduction to Pediatric Emergency & Critical Care Ultrasound Course. Click or Call. http://www.gcus.com/courses/about.asp?course=1100/Pediatric-Emergency-and-Critical-Care-Ultrasound | 727.363.4500