What are the best ultrasound cross training courses for Musculoskeletal Ultrasound?
Musculoskeletal Ultrasound (MSK) Ultrasound Courses, Registry Review and CME Training Products at Gulfcoast Ultrasound Institute are perfect for Physicians, Sonographers and other medical professionals working in Orthopedics, Sports Medicine, Rheumatology, PM&R, and Regenerative Medicine. Gulfcoast Ultrasound Institute is ACCME Accredited, and offers the most flexible and proven MSK Ultrasound CME in the industry. Whether you have never picked up an ultrasound transducer and are looking to integrate ultrasound into your day to day practice, are experienced with using ultrasound but are looking to enhance your skills with more advanced MSK training, add Regenerative Medicine procedures into your practice using the most up to date and effective treatments, looking to pass your RMSK registry examination, or you are just looking for a quality ACCME accredited Ultrasound CME activity to obtain your required CME Credit, Gulfcoast Ultrasound has the Musculoskeletal Ultrasound CME courses and products that fit your needs.
Since 1985, Gulfcoast Ultrasound Institute (GCUS) has been educating medical professionals across all ultrasound practice specialties and experience levels. Gulfcoast Ultrasound Institute is recognized as a worldwide leader in MSK Ultrasound and Ultrasound Guided Regenerative Medicine training and CME. Gulfcoast offers the largest variety of MSK CME offerings in the world. All MSK Ultrasound Courses are taught by the leading MSK Ultrasound and Regenerative Medicine experts (across multiple practice specialties). You will literally be learning from the experts who have written the Musculoskeletal Ultrasound text books and practice guidelines. With so many different Musculoskeletal Ultrasound CME activities and formats offered by Gulfcoast Ultrasound, we have outlined the key features of each of them below to aid in making the best education choice for your career and learning style. CLICK HERE to go to the best MSK Ultrasound Courses in the industry.
What to expect.
Introduction and Advanced/Interventional Musculoskeletal Ultrasound with Cadaver Lab and Regenerative Medicine Ultrasound Live Training Courses at Gulfcoast Ultrasound Institute are taught by leading experts in the field of MSK ultrasound that incorporates comprehensive lectures and interactive case presentations. This course features a 3:1 participant to faculty hands-on scan ratio with live models, phantoms and human cadavers for upper and lower extremity applications. Learn the musculoskeletal essentials and build confidence in your scanning and interpretation abilities at one of these comprehensive courses at their facility in St. Petersburg, FL. This MSK ultrasound program is designed to expand and update skills to integrate introduction and advanced MSK applications and ultrasound-guided regenerative medicine techniques into clinical practice. Participants will also have the opportunity to observe live demonstrations of multiple regenerative medicine procedures (diagnosis and techniques) on various live patients with pathologies.
Objectives and Topics.
- Increase the participant’s knowledge to better perform and/or interpret MSK ultrasound examinations.
- List the indications, benefits, and limitations of MSK ultrasound for sports medicine injuries, physical medicine & rehabilitation, and rheumatology applications.
- Demonstrate proper transducer manipulation and system optimization to produce diagnostic images.
- Demonstrate scanning protocols for performing shoulder, elbow, wrist/hand, knee, ankle/foot, & hip ultrasound examinations.
- Identify normal anatomy during musculoskeletal ultrasound imaging.
- Identify the sonographic appearance of commonly seen pathology of the shoulder, knee, elbow, wrist/hand, ankle, and foot.
- Demonstrate the use of MSK sonography for diagnosis and ultrasound-guided interventions and describe “in-plane” and “out of plane” injections/aspiration techniques using inanimate phantoms.
- Increase confidence to incorporate protocols, techniques and interpretation criteria to improve diagnostic/treatment accuracy.
- Identify the sonographic anatomy during the performance of ultrasound guided MSK injections on cadaver models.
- Demonstrate the principals of imaging techniques for performance of upper and lower extremity MSK injections on cadaver models.
- Shoulder Anatomy & Scanning Techniques
- Evaluation of Shoulder Pathology
- Elbow Anatomy & Scanning Techniques
- Evaluation of Elbow Pathology
- Ultrasound Guided Injection Techniques
- Wrist/Hand Anatomy & Scan Techniques
- Evaluation of Wrist/Hand Pathology
- Normal Evaluation of the Ankle/Foot & Pathology
- Knee Anatomy, Scanning Techniques, & Pathology
- Evaluation of the Hip
- Injection Technique in Human Cadaver LabBiology and Evidence for regenerative substances
- -Dextrose Prolotherapy
- -Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP)
- -Bone Marrow Aspirate (BMA)
- -Amniotic Membrane and Cells
- Essentials of US Guided Regenerative Medicine
- -Ultrasound guided injection techniques
- -Preparing Dextrose and PRP Injectables
- -Upper and lower extremity regenerative medicine techniques
- -Post procedure protocols for regenerative medicine
- -Regulatory guidelines and billing/coding for regenerative medicine
- Hands-On workshops: Live Models
- Hands-On workshops: Cadaver Lab – Needle Guidance to Target Areas
- Hands-On workshop: Cadaver Lab – Bone Marrow and Lipoaspirate Techniques
- Live Patient Regenerative Medicine Demonstrations: Prolotherapy & PRP